For this small brief, I have been tasked to take an A1 piece of paper and divide it into 12 sections. I have been given a pile of photographs to choose from and I needed to imagine the scene at the same moment and draw a variety of different rough sketches of different perspectives from the chosen photograph. That in order to come up with a narrative story of different scenes and put together a handmade small book.
In order to get different scenes, I had to play around with perspective and points of view. For example a perspective from the audience point of view, a perspective from the cameraman point of view, from behind the objects in the photograph (in my case, couch), from the ceiling, from the sky, from the floor, etc…
Things I had to consider when drawing my sketches:
- The arrangement of the basic shapes and elements with my frame
- The various ways I could crop the image.
- The shape of the negative space, what shapes are created in between the main forms?
- How am I leading the audience eye through the image?
- What is the focal point and how am I leading it to it?
- How is tone and contrast being used to structure my image?
- Which elements are in my image and more importantly what am I leaving out?